Unanswered: Sending sms Using Access VBA coding

Hi All,

I'm working on a small project, Where the requirement to send SMS using free SMS gateways like, WAY2SMS.com or 160by2.com.

how to get it worked using VBA coding.

Thanks in Advance
    Prasanna R.D

Provided Answers: 59
    RTFM?

find the details of the API. the service provider should be abel to provide with you all the details required from their side. depends how the service works. if its a web server then it should be pretty trivial.

I do remember using a windows ME phone a while back (think it was an Orange SPV) that coudl be directly addressed via VBA to send SMS messages (well virtually anything the phone could do you could do through VBA)
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks for the reply...

is there any possibility sending sms through HTTP in VBA... login to the the site and sending sms.

well (virtually) anything is possible..

but you would need to find a SMS service provider with an HTTP gateway. https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...http%20gateway would suggest such services exist

if such a beast exists then it should be possible tro do what you want via Access or perhaps an intermediary

Hi Healdem,

Was going through google, and found we can send sms using gsm modem attached to system, Using AT Commands.
    But i am not sure about executing AT commands vai Access vba.

Required some more information on it.

Thanks in Advance.
    Prasanna R.D

if you are thinking oif sending via a GSM modem, and it uses AT commands then
    first off you need to know how to connect to the device (its going to be USB or serial)
    https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...%20programming

serial comms in Access can be a little tricky, Im sure things have improved since my last forray into that cess pool. but that before the advent of USB. The main issue with USB is (IIRC) that the com port ID can change as different devices get connected and or removed. if your system isn't going to change to much then I doubt there will be an issue with USB and or Serial cooms

then you need to know the AT command set for that device.
    the suppier of you specific device should be abel to tell yo9u how to do that