Unanswered: SQL0332N character conversion from the source code page "" to the target code page ""

Hi Friends,

Our SAS (analytic tool) application is facing issues while reading a table which is on DB2 database (I-series), but the same table and data can viewed without any issues via Hyperion (another analytic tool).

We checked with our I Series team and they confirmed system is working as per design and the data loaded to the tables in correct format.

So I did some more checks on our SAS server by launching DB2 client and ran queries directly on DB2 client without interference of SAS, if you see the output in attached screenshot it is DB2 client itself not able to read data from the table so SAS is also displaying garbage numbers.

We get below error:

"SQL0332N character conversion from the source code page "" to the target code page "" is not supported. SQLSTATE=57017

Can anyone let me know how to fix this client installed on our LINUX Server?

Thanks,
    Avinash Ginjupalli

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	15976

Provided Answers: 18
    Your db2-client on Linux/AIX has its client code page determined by the value of the LANG environment variable.
    The possible values depend on which locales are installed and available on your Linux/AIX system.
    Use:
    echo $LANG
    to see what your current locale is set to.
    Use: locale -a
    to see which locales are installed.
    Ask your i-Series DBA what is the codepage of the database, then install/configure a compatible locale on Linux/AIX, and set(export) the LANG variable before you perform the "db2 connect..."
    The i-series db2 docs should detail the compatible sets of codepages and locales.

SQL0332N character conversion from the source code page "" to the target code page "

hi db2mor,

Our current Lang is en_GB.UTF8 and even db2 database is also having same en_GB.UTF8

Our LINUX admins suggested not to change this LANG.

Can you give me any other fix which I can try?

Thanks,
    Avinash G

Provided Answers: 18
    If both the database-encoding and locale are utf-8, then verify the terminal-emulation session translation (where you run your db2 CLP session at command-line) is also set for utf-8. (For example: utf-8 translation is not the default for putty).

How have you verified the encoding of the i-series database?
    Are you accessing the i-series database via a db2-connect product or a type-4 jdbc driver?

If your SAS application is failing to render correctly (while Hyperion renders the *same* data correctly), then that is a SAS configuration matter (nothing to do with db2).

SQL0332N character conversion from the source code page "" to the target code page "

Why not all the tables having issue, only we have this issue with few tables which are in that database. SAS can able to read and show data properly for all the remaining tables.

Hyperion setup is entirely different when compared to our SAS.

Provided Answers: 11
    are you using db2 connect for the connection to I/series ?
    Old as/400 (migrated from) had a default language code, that was not supported by DB2 luw though db2 connect
    the default has been changed for new customers/db
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be