Unanswered: Database breaking

Some users of an ACCDE file get this error message:

"The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read."

Here are the details of what I'm doing:

1. I Make ACCDE from MS Access 2010

2. I put ACCDE on the network

3. Users try to load the ACCDE.

4. Some users are successful.

5. Some users get this message:

"The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read."

All users have the same install procedure:

1. Project Referenced DLLs

2. MS Access 2010 Runtime

Notes:

1. The ACCDB file opens and runs properly in Access Development Environment.

2. The ACCDE worked at some point on the user's machine that it now not working.

3. Some of the previous versions now do not work either.

4. We have tried decompiling , compact and repair, and starting a new DB and copying the objects in.

Please provide help on the above.

Provided Answers: 19
    From your post I'm guessing that this app has not been split into a Back End/Front End configuration, which is an absolute must in a multi-user environment. The Back End, holding the Tables, goes on a shared drive, and a copy of the Front End, with everything except the Tables, goes on each user's PC.

Not doing this in a multi-user environment, can cause the problem you're seeing, as well as a multitude of other problems, including repeated corruption and data loss.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007