Unanswered: KCS ADP database

Guys,

Be gentle on me for my first post......

My company uses an ERP solution from KCS Datawright that utilises an ADP database backend (which is old and obscure). We have an ODBC connection to the database, but it's language implementation is limited.

The database does not support LEFT OUTER Join, or at least the syntax is unknown and it doesn't seem to support subqueries.

Any ideas how I can execute a query that would query 3 tables, the fist two are ok with a natural join, but the 3rd needs a left outer join.

Provided Answers: 54
    If your ADP file is a Microsoft Access database, I'd be willing to bet that you can access it as a Linked Server from within SQL Server. If that is the case, you can issue a LEFT JOIN using the standard SQL Server syntax.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    If your ADP file is a Microsoft Access database, I'd be willing to bet that you can access it as a Linked Server from within SQL Server. If that is the case, you can issue a LEFT JOIN using the standard SQL Server syntax.

-PatP
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it's definitely not an Access database, it's a proprietry database format, of which there seems to be very little information kicking about, It drives me to drink