Unanswered: perform cold restore without prompting for tape

hello,

i am currently running Informix 11.7 on an AIX6.1 machine and i need to do cold restore of my informix instance for backup purposes using the ontape utility.
    in order to finish the cold restore i must use a lot log tapes. is there a way to define all the log tapes that i am going to use for the cold restore from the command line so that i dont get prompt to insert a new tape and press enter all the time? it will save a lot of time if i can do this.

thank you

Provided Answers: 1
    Tuccero,

you are reaching the limits on ontape: ontape is very simple, but does not have the functionality that onbar has.
    With onbar, you will not have such problems, it is a real backup/restore tool

ok thank you very much begooden

Tuccero,

you may like one one the new onbar enhancements in 12.10: Primary Storage Manager

To make it short, onbar made as easy as ontape if you store your backups on filesystems

check here

With this tool, there is for me no more reason not to use onbar.

Eric

Begooden,

Thank you for your helpful link and advices. However, as you mentioned this is possible in Informix 12.10.
    I am currently running Informix 11.7-FC2 and the latest plan for update is to version 11.7-FC8.
    So i guess that for these versions i can do this using onbar but without the new features that are mentioned in the link?

Tuccero,

yes this is correct. You wont't have PSM in 11.70 FC8 but you can use onbar anyhow.

Why not go 12.10 ? FC5 will be released in a few weeks and with 12.10, you have many interesting new features, among them compatibily with NoSQL MongoDb on a real database engine...
    Performance enhancements are also significant, introduction of OLAP SQL functions and much more....