Provided Answers: 6

Unanswered: Strategy for timestamping back and forth ownership

I was just curious if anyone had a strategy in mind that would work for back and forth ownership in an access database.

Example process starts someone takes ownership and selects a date. Then pass it off to another pass and now they get a time stamp. When the ticket is closed out for instance it closes out.

I can use now() in the input value for the closer of the record and the process allows someone to start the "time or date" in the records, but I am trying to think through a strategy to have another check next to their name.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Provided Answers: 59
    NOW will give you the current system date and time OF THE COMPUTER RUNNING THAT CODE. if that computers date and time is out (or event different (say a different time zone) then you will have problems relying on NOW

as to the rest of it Im not too sure what you mean
    does one user hand over the whole db to another user, or do they just 'lock' a specific row/entry
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 6
    I am creating a form attached to a table that captures a time stamp when a user takes ownership of a records. In this case I'll use a invoice for the sake of the discussion. Employee a gets an invoice and validates his/her part of it and then assigns the record to another user who then assigns it back to the original person and close out the record. I was wondering if there was a time stamping strategy to associate with the record owner in Access. I built out some drop downs in the table for the analyst and data entry clerk. When the form is submitted to the other individual another time stamp is created. (Maybe a total field for total time held might be a solution). I'm just not sure of a good strategy.