Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Printing Difficulty

At the time when I initially designed my project, I setup the report styles for printing. After everything looked good aesthetically, I saved that style and went about my business and never did even attempt to actually print the document - that was several months ago. This morning my wife asked me for a printout of her particular file and I was completely unable to get it to print. The printer shows up but the document itself never prints. I am curious if any other have experienced difficulties in printing with Brilliant Database or is this just another occurrence of something I have done wrong?

Extra note that has nothing to do with my question: Java7, in your recent post where you included screen shots (http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.p...olums-and-Rows), it appears that your project is related to the medical field as the first picture looks much like an Electronic Medical Record (EMR). I, too, have been working within the medical arena by tracking medical resident's activities for reporting. What is your involvement in medicine?
    Daryl G

Hi Daryl G
    Can't really help but as matter of interest does another project print ok (ie example file from BD)? Try another printer as a test. Does it look ok in print preview?
    Just running through few things that I might do in your situation.
    Regards
    David

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi Daryl G... With my little knowledge this is my suggestion (will answer your too question anyways)... If you can make create a new report style and try updating your database. During the update you can insert the newly created report style (hope I'm learning well @My Bosses here..James... And the others.) That's after trying what David has suggested.

Now back to your question..... I work with the medical team in my hospital... Kinda clinical stuff. I was actually using that as an example (I mean the picture I uploaded).

Regards
    Evans

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Daryl.
    Can you see the Printout Preview, but when you print it just doesn't print?

Regards
    James

James,
    Exactly. I can see the preview perfectly but no print!
    Daryl G

Very odd, never seen that before.

As a process of elimination, I would try installing a Virtual Printer on your PC to see if you can print to a PDF.

Something like PrimoPDF.

Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by fireant911 View Post
    James,
    Exactly. I can see the preview perfectly but no print!
    Do you have a HP Printer?
    Inkjet or Multifunction?

Could be an update from HP or when you have installed more as 1 HP Printer.

If have had such an issue with an HP M1212nf Multifunction from HP.

Try PDF Creator 1.7.xxx. If should normaly work, even with installed HP.

Depending on your Windows Version, please google for Reset Print Spooler or Repair Print Spooler.

The Problem in the background is, that the Windows Print Spooler get damaged by the driver update.

Its a Windows Version specific repair, so a general howto is not suitable/possible.

Good luck.

This morning I completely reloaded the printer's drivers and it worked. This is odd as I could print other things... just not Brilliant Database. Now, it appears that things are performing nicely!
    Daryl G

lol.... Got to love the craziness of computers.
    Glad to hear its working.

James.