Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Is this Possible?

Good day folks... an idea is popping up in my head and i need some help as to how to go about it.
    thanks to people who have been of tremendous help already.

i have about 5 forms (that is, general information, academia, finances, domestics......)in my database
    (all forms have about more than 1 sheet on each). each record will have details in each form.
    what i want to do is to
    get a menu for each of the forms such that upon clicking on the menu e.g (say General information Menu)
    a (general information form) for the selected record will show.... like wise the other menu's that will be created. but all infomation will be relational
    and for the same record.

in simple put... can a record in a folder have two or more forms for the same record?

Regards
    Evans

No but you can separate them into different sheets. Each sheet with different menu buttons and makes each sheet show or hidden.

Thank.... Will make it like that then. How do u make some sheets hidden then ?

Regards
    Evans
    Quote Originally Posted by manras View Post
    No but you can separate them into different sheets. Each sheet with different menu buttons and makes each sheet show or hidden.

Only for bd v10. From list of features... 18. Improved Form Tabs. With version 10 you are able to customize each form tab independently: Set different background colors, set visibility rules for each tab and write script to control each tab selection.

Look at form designer.

Provided Answers: 17
    Only for bd v10. From list of features... 18. Improved Form Tabs. With version 10 you are able to customize each form tab independently: Set different background colors, set visibility rules for each tab and write script to control each tab selection.

Look at form designer.
    Unfortunately he's using v9, so he doesn't have those features.

Regards
    James.

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi
    With some work in v10 you can make a sort of work around with sheets and scripts as others have mentioned but one problem is that if the same field is shown on multiple sheets then you can't have field in different positions. Can be a pain with custom layout. If development of BD continues hopefully this will be addressed (Can be done in "Dataease" database which has similar forms based field creation - most databases separate forms from the data tables and then bind display objects to data tables).
    Regards
    David

hello Guys... I'm glad to say I'm on the v10.5 now... Got the email this dawn. I will see to apply what you guys have thought already. @James and @David; I'm havin an issue with the addition of new records in my many to many table. It can get as many as 20 empty records upon a single click to add new records and they don't also fall below the already added (kinda jammed up)

I read the link you sent me in the post yesterday @James... Someone had same issue and he said he changed the "relational set" for each table ... To make it unique. I've done so... But not working. Also in one of my previous post someone suggested I add "Edit MMR" command to the scripts for adding a new record. I did but still same problem. Can you pls direct me how to get this done?

Regards
    Evans

Thanks.... Can I make a sheet hidden depending on the user's access?

I've seen some "rule stuff" in the sheet property area... Don't know how to apply that to get the stated request...

Regards
    Evans

Provided Answers: 2
    Hello Evans
    You should be able hide sheet as required with the rule edior by using a user system variable. As you mention this is done in sheet properties.
    Regards
    David

Provided Answers: 17
    In the form editor, select “Sheets” and then select “Properties”.

There's an option there to “Set Visibility by Rule”.

For example you could set the sheet to be invisible of the user logged in is NOT administrator, or the sheet could be invisible until the end user completes some other sheet.

Regards
    James