Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: How to: Form made of list from querry to enter data into table

I have a list of kids in each class and I need to keep track of their attendance (absent or tardy). I have an attendance table for that with the kid's id, a check box for absent, another for tardy, and the date. And I have a query that sorts all the kids into their classes. What I want is to have a list of the kids, by class, so that I can just check if they are absent or tardy and add the date. Is there a way to do this? I've found continuous forms, but I can't have sub-forms for the attendance table, so that isn't working. Any ideas? Thanks!

Provided Answers: 1
    Ok, after more googling and playing, I think I've figured out how to do two subforms, one continuous for the list of kids, and another connected to the attendance. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db example.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	16019

But I cant figure out how to connect them. I want to click on the kids name and have it populate the second form with only their absences. Then I can add another one at the bottom, go back to the first table and click on another kid and do it all again. I think I have to do this with Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields, but I need some rather explicit directions on how to do that. The only directions I've found seem to think I know more than I do and I can't get them to work.

Thanks!