Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Daily Transaction

Hey Guys.... This may sound kinda easy to do for most of the experienced guys here but not for me certainly.

I have a form with 3 many-to-many tables and other fields in it. The many to many tables kinda keeps data on payments (fees collection) and has a column for the owner (reciever of the amount). Now my question;

I've created a button that is suppose to give me the daily transaction of the user. Like say after the day's work... The user Clicks the button and get the transaction details he/she made for the day. What scripts should I use. (A step to step approach will be very helpful).

***im having difficulty attaching the db file... I will attach it as soon as it's possible.

Regards
    Evans

Provided Answers: 17
    You need to write a query to find the records you want to get the Total Sum for, and then you need to run a Maths Script that works with the results of a Query and gives you the Sum Total Value.

See attached as a working example.

Regards
    James
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello James, Good day. Sorry for the delay in replying to your help. Actually I have seen the database you sent. Its quiet different from what I have in mind. What I want is kind of getting a printable document indicating the user’s transaction for the day. Like a printable document which will indicate (name, amount paid, payment method, receiver, date, time) for all the transaction the user made for the day upon a button click. I was actually thinking if a script could find records by the user name and the current date and export the results and make it printable (something like that came into mind.) ive attached a copy of what ive developed so far.
    Also to add I think I asked you a question in one of the posts about seeing getting a lot of empty fields in a many-to-many table. I think you can look it up for me too.
    On the third sheet, im trying to create details to calculate academic records. Seems not to be going well so please look it up for me. [I want the total mark calculated, then based on the mark, a grade will be given, then based on the grade too, a remark is given, then a subject position; based on the total mark (100%) and the number of persons in the class (folder)] – ive typed an example in one of the records.

Regards
    Evans

my database.zip

What I want is kind of getting a printable document indicating the user’s transaction for the day.
    The exact same logic applies as demonstrated in the file above. Notice how a Query is used to call up records. You simply need to write a query that looks for records that match whatever date and user you want to print out. You can do that by using two variables that are populated by a user input. Modify the query also so it doesn't display it's results in any window.

Now create button that runs the “Print Records” action script. When your setting up the “Print Records” function the middle field “Records to Print” needs to be changed to “custom query result”.

When you select that option you will be able to select the query that searches by date, which in turn will allow you to print out only the records for the date your interested in.

If this all sounds too much, just let me know and I will create an example file for you.

I'll take a look at your database also.

Regards
    James

Hi James, yea it kinda sound too much. I get what you want me to do. Bt actualizing it is becoming difficult. I'm sure a sample will do. Lets say from my db file, u want to get the (amount paid, date, payment method, receiver of amount, time) for each payment for the day.

Maybe you can look at the 3rd tab for me. That's one of the issues that I was tryin to explain to you earlier via email.

Regards
    Evans
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    If this all sounds too much, just let me know and I will create an example file for you.[/U]

I'll take a look at your database also.

Hello Goodday.... Still waiting for your reply @James

Happy New Year

Regards
    Evans

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Please find attached a new version.

When you press the "Run Report" button a Calendar will appear asking you to select a date to search for. After you make a selection, it will then display a list of all sales staff asking you to make a selection. After you make your selection a report is generated showing the items the selected person sold on the date you selected, as well as their total sales that day.

Regards
    James.

Sum-Example v2.zip

Good Day ... thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in replying. ive seen the attachement... i tried following suit but the problem is that the items i would want to see in the report (like in your case the items sold) are in a many to many table and there are alot of the (tables) too. the name of the person receiving the amount is also located in the many-to-many table (not in a field). Should i run a query for all the forms that contains the records for the many-to-many tables or for the form that contains the many-to-many tables itself. im kinda confused.

Regards
    Evans