Unanswered: Importing .csv file to Oracle Apex

I have 300 columns and 25000 rows in a .csv file. I tried it using the path SQL_Workshop>Utilities>Data_Workshop>Load Data>Spreadsheet, it was unsuccessful.

How to upload this file to oracle apex?.
    Somebody help me how to do this. Is there any limitation on number of rows and columns to upload in oracle apex?
    Last edited by Subbarao_GV; 12-10-14 at 13:10.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Provided Answers: 4
    What does "it was unsuccessful" mean? Did you get any error? If so, which one? Did you manage to load some rows, but some of them failed to be loaded? Could you describe what happened?

Post Importing .csv file to Oracle Apex

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefoot View Post
    What does "it was unsuccessful" mean? Did you get any error? If so, which one? Did you manage to load some rows, but some of them failed to be loaded? Could you describe what happened?
    Yeah, Im able to upload some of them like 50 columns and 1000 rows at a time without error. But, while doing it for 300 columns and 25000 rows it is showing error like " large BLOB data loaded into the file". But, in the .csv file there are only columns containing integers, varchar2, date data types with max field length of 147 characters.

Provided Answers: 4
    Which Apex version do you use? I'm on 4.2 and tried to load a CSV file that contains 64 columns (but not that many rows) and it was successfully loaded. If possible, ZIP the file and attach it here so that we could try it (if it contains confidential information, do NOT do that!).

Previous Apex versions have had limited number of columns you could have loaded (46 columns); I don't know about number of rows.

If you can't do it easily (through Apex' wizard), you'll have to do it manually. Anacedent suggested SQL*Loader. Another option is to use your CSV file as an external table. The 4th message in this OTN thread (posted by Patrick M) contains links to another threads which might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefoot View Post
    Which Apex version do you use? I'm on 4.2 and tried to load a CSV file that contains 64 columns (but not that many rows) and it was successfully loaded. If possible, ZIP the file and attach it here so that we could try it (if it contains confidential information, do NOT do that!).

Previous Apex versions have had limited number of columns you could have loaded (46 columns); I don't know about number of rows.

If you can't do it easily (through Apex' wizard), you'll have to do it manually. Anacedent suggested SQL*Loader. Another option is to use your CSV file as an external table. The 4th message in this OTN thread (posted by Patrick M) contains links to another threads which might help.
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for that. Actually, I'm running APEX on Oracle Cloud website. So, it might be latest version. Anyhow i'll look into the link provided by you.