Seadrill is looking for an Oracle Senior Systems Support Analyst in Liverpool
Seadrill is the world’s leading offshore drilling contractor. Our aim is to unlock oil and gas for the benefit of our customers and their customers in the safest, most cost-effective manner. The company operates a versatile fleet of 59 units that comprises drillships, jack-up rigs, semi-submersible rigs and tender rigs. The company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Seadrill has some 7,500 skilled employees, representing some 75 nationalities, operating in 15 countries on five continents. Our Liverpool office provides global support to Accounts, HR and IT.
Seadrill’s Finance Application Management and Support team require a highly motivated and experienced Oracle Financials Functional Support Analyst. As a senior member of the team reporting to the finance systems manager, you will manage multiple small projects and change requests, with varying degrees of complexity, from a global finance user community.
Supporting the global finance community and you will be responsible for analysing requirements, procedures and problems to recommend, prioritise and deliver solutions so that the finance user community has effective support enabling them to deliver a pro-active and high quality of service.
Principle accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Having a strong demonstrable knowledge of Oracle financials and an understanding of the key underlying R12 table structures will enable you to excel at being able to:
• Supervise, manage and support more junior members of the team
• Be the primary contact for financial systems users, including acting as first-line support and coordinating second and third-line support teams as required
• Strong root cause analysis skills offering support and advice to team members
• Design and use ad-hoc SQL queries will be second-nature to you, enabling prompt and accurate responses to general finance queries in Oracle
• Being involved with and suggesting improvements for existing systems
• Communicating with the internal customers to keep them informed of progress
• Managing the tracking and prioritisation of issue resolution and enhancements
• Ensuring the training material for the core financial applications is maintained and kept aligned to Seadrill process
Thanks for this great job listing here. I am also a student of accounting and today while searching for career scopes in accounting I came to know about Dr. Aloke Ghosh. Do you also know about him? If yes then please share some information about him.