Unanswered: display tables in a tablespace in DB2 8.1

I need to display all tables in a tablespace. I can get the tablespace for a single table if I use syscat.tables and specify the table name in the WHERE clause. I tried to reverse the query and display all the tables for a tablespace using the same syscat.tables, but the output comes out empty. Is there a way to display all the tables for a tablespace in DB2?

SELECT *
    FROM syscat.tables
    WHERE tabname like table1
    This works. I get all the info for table1 including the name of tablespace1 which is related to it.

SELECT tabname
    FROM syscat.tables
    WHERE tblspaces like tablespace1
    This returns only column headings

Provided Answers: 5
    you will get the same info from syscat.tables when querying by the tablespace name for all tables in that tablespace as you do when you query on just a table name.
    Dave

Yes, but the problem was that I needed to use upper case when typing the tablespace name. SQL sometimes is case sensitive. Also, the LIKE operator works better when using wildcards. Once I made those changes I got all of the table names for a specific tablespace.

Yes, but the problem was that I needed to use upper case when typing the tablespace name. SQL sometimes is case sensitive. Also, the LIKE operator works better when using wildcards. Once I made those changes I got all of the table names for a specific tablespace.

You may join tablespaces view with table view.

--First you get id of tablespace with a simple select:

select * from syscat.tablespaces;

--Lets say you want tablespace that has id=4

select S.tbspace, T.tbspaceid, T.tabschema, T.tabname from syscat.tables T join syscat.tablespaces S on T.tbspaceid=S.tbspaceid where T.tbspaceid=4;

Hi,

If you need to select the tables created under the tablespace 'XXXXXXX' execute the below query.

select TABSCHEMA, TABNAME, TBSPACEID, TBSPACE from syscat.tables where 'XXXXXXX'

Thanks,
    laxman.

select TABSCHEMA, TABNAME, TBSPACEID, TBSPACE from syscat.tables where TBSPACE='XXXXXXX'

Quote Originally Posted by laxman babu View Post
    select TABSCHEMA, TABNAME, TBSPACEID, TBSPACE from syscat.tables where TBSPACE='XXXXXXX'
    laxman's answer is better. I missed the tbspace column in syscat.tables and went from longer way. No join needed.