Unanswered: Possible Pivot Report?

I have a excel spreadsheet report that I'm trying to automate straight out of SQL 2008 R2 database. I'm just not sure where to begin. Do I need to write a Pivot SQL query? Or should I look into another route. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a image of the report on this thread.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	16025

Provided Answers: 54
    With only the problem specification you've posted, I'd pull the data into an Excel worksheet then create a PivotTable from the raw data using Excel. This means schlepping more data over the wire, but it keeps the client side behavior much more consistent for an experienced Excel user.

There are certainly other ways to approach this problem, and those can be a lot more efficient but without more understanding of what you're trying to accomplish, the infrastructure that you have, and the tools that you have available this is my "first guess" at how I'd approach the problem.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.