Unanswered: Mobilization Database

Dear Seniors,

I am looking forward to create a database for preparation of Mobilization Plan for my project Works. I would like to seek your help for calculating the Mobilization start date and mobilization Finish date for all the persons. I have month wise deployment details for each and every person.

Could you please advice me the steps to calculate the Start date and End date for each and every person in access.

Also I would like to understand it is advisable to use access for the subject works, since it involves more calculation.
    Thanks and Regards
    R. Vadivelan

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by velu130486 View Post

...Could you please advice me the steps to calculate the Start date and End date for each and every person in access...
    Not unless you can give us a good deal more detail about your business needs, starting with what, exactly

Quote Originally Posted by velu130486 View Post

...I have month wise deployment details for each and every person...
    means. And what formula, in plain language, is used to calculate Start date and End date?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Dear MissingLinq,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for not providing more details. Attached herewith the sample database which I had prepared for my project. For the first time I had uploaded the data from excel. After this I am planning to update the same directly in access.

Now I had created a user defined function to calculate the Start Month and Finish Month and by linking to the calendar table I had calculated the mobilization date and Demobilization date.

Now I am receiving lot of change requests to change the deployment plan for more people. I would like to know what is the best methodology to do the same, whether I can use the excel to get the data or directly update in Access.

Also in my user defined function I had defined each and every month as a variable, is it possible to simplify my User defined function.

TEP_PAAF_Register R1.1.zip
    Thanks and Regards
    R. Vadivelan

Dear MissingLinq,

Can I have your help on the above subject Please.
    Thanks and Regards
    R. Vadivelan