Thread: Help

Unanswered: Help

Hello everyone
    I have created a database but how do i run as a software?
    How do i take away the features of MS Access database?

regards
    Harlord

Provided Answers: 19
    Welcome to dBforums, Harlord!

Please take the time to read the sticky thread, above titled 'Read Me First- No- Seriously'

http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.p...O-SERIOUSLY%29

especially the section titled 'How Do I Ask A Question.'

http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.p...29#post4534485

As the latter section states, thread titles should always include at least a idea of the question/issue that help is being sought for. A title of 'Help' says absolutely nothing of your problem, and many, if not most, of the experts here are going to simply ignore your thread! Most members only respond to questions in areas where they have expertise.

Your explanation of what you're attempting to do is also way to sketchy, as is, for us to give you any real help.

If by "...how do i run as a software..." you mean how do you run it as you would an .exe file, the short answer is that you can't. Users will either have to a full version of MS Access on their PCs or a version Access Runtime. How you go about developing/distributing your database, using Runtime, depends on the version of Access that is being used for development.

As for "How do i take away the features of MS Access database," I won't even attempt to answer without a further explanation. What 'features' are you trying to hide?

Please, help us help you by reworking your thread, and giving us the information we need to do so!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 59
    deploy the app as a runtime (users don't need a copy of Access), or as an excrypted (MDE or ACCDE) format in a copy of Access where users cannto make changes to the design of forms, reports and so on.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

How to customize MS Access Database icon

Thanks very much for your help
    i'm grateful. i need your help, how do i customize the icon of Access (the icon that is normally seen in the task bar). I changed the application icon but it only affected the title bar icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Missinglinq View Post
    Welcome to dBforums, Harlord!

Please take the time to read the sticky thread, above titled 'Read Me First- No- Seriously'

http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.p...O-SERIOUSLY%29

especially the section titled 'How Do I Ask A Question.'

http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.p...29#post4534485

As the latter section states, thread titles should always include at least a idea of the question/issue that help is being sought for. A title of 'Help' says absolutely nothing of your problem, and many, if not most, of the experts here are going to simply ignore your thread! Most members only respond to questions in areas where they have expertise.

Your explanation of what you're attempting to do is also way to sketchy, as is, for us to give you any real help.

If by "...how do i run as a software..." you mean how do you run it as you would an .exe file, the short answer is that you can't. Users will either have to a full version of MS Access on their PCs or a version Access Runtime. How you go about developing/distributing your database, using Runtime, depends on the version of Access that is being used for development.

As for "How do i take away the features of MS Access database," I won't even attempt to answer without a further explanation. What 'features' are you trying to hide?

Please, help us help you by reworking your thread, and giving us the information we need to do so!

Linq ;0)>