MySQL Design for Quickbook Integration

I've been tasked with creating a web application for my company (an electric motor repair shop) that keeps track of customers, vendors, inventory, invoices, etc. I started reading up on and planning out how I would structure a mysql database to take on this task, when my boss through a monkey wrench in the whole project-it has to integrate with Quickbooks online (PHP).

Full disclosure: My database experience goes about as far as an excel spreadsheet. I'm not too worried about it, there is a ton of information online, and I can make sense of most of it. However, my experience with API's is non-existent, and I'm kind of terrified. I don't understand a lot of what I've been reading about Quickbooks integration, including how to even get started, but lets save that for another day.

So here's what I need to from Quickbooks. My web app just has to be able to view invoices, customers and vendors, but ideally could edit and add them as well. My question is, how does this affect the structure of my database? Does it even matter?

Any info or links for noobs are appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by astricode View Post
    My web app just has to be able to view invoices, customers and vendors, but ideally could edit and add them as well. My question is, how does this affect the structure of my database? Does it even matter?
    Your data model should reflect the requirements of your application. If your application, not Quickbooks, manages inventory, and you need to link an inventory pick order to a paid invoice (which is managed by QB), then yes, integration does affect your database structure in that you need to store the invoice reference number somewhere. However, you will want to avoid storing duplicate information, e.g. invoice paid status, in both places but use the QB API to fetch the invoice status when necessary.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.