Unanswered: Hide Row on Value.

Hello,
    I have an database that has a table, in one field of that table is a value labeled. Job Status, when that value changes to Closed, I would like the row to hide, or move to an archive

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello.
    Can you please provide more information, maybe even a screen shot or a copy of your file. I can't get a picture in my mind as to what your referring to as brilliant database doesn't have traditional tables at all. That's one of it's main selling points.

You maybe taking about a Many to Many field, or a folder. Without knowing exactly, I can't answer your question.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi
    Like James I am not sure of what your intentions are, like if you mean the table view (list of records) or a M2M field. My first question would be if this is for security reasons,reduce clutter on older records or cosmetic. Need time to think about but 4 ideas come to mind. You could apply visiability rule, colour rules to "blank out data", change access rights or move record to another folder. This is just thinking out loud and unproven. Really need to know if has to be secure from certain users so that "back door access" not available.
    Regards
    David

Talking Hide Row.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dabatse.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	16083

Thanks so much guys,

As your able to see from the screen shot (i hope) i have two rows there that have closed in them, I would like to be able to had these record/row when they have closed chosen from the drop down labeled status below.

Thanks, I also want to be able to view them as well. by un hiding them or moving into an archive folder.

Thanks Once Again.My Computer Guy.zip
    And here is the file

Provided Answers: 2
    Hello
    Just rough idea , script moves closed record to archive on being modified (confrim triggered). Click toolbar button "MoveBack" restores records (may need to be more selective here).
    Modified file attached.
    Regards
    David
    Attached Files Attached Files