Unanswered: Access Help for Novice

Hi, I am extremely new to Access 2010 so please forgive me, but I need some help.
    I have 2 tables in my database. The main table has 250000 records and holds the body of my required information including full Canadian postal codes. My 2nd table has 2 columns, the 1st column has approx. 1300 records of partial postal codes (the first 3 digits) and the 2nd column has numerical figures that I wish to associate directly with these partial postal codes. When I have this direct association between these 2 columns then need to be able to query these tables and have it able to display the full postal code of my 1st table and those directly associated numerical figures from my 2nd table.

I apologize if I have not explained this great

Can anyone help?

Provided Answers: 19
    Sorry, but your explanation makes no real sense at all, which, I suspect, is why 50 members have read it and not responded. Columns (which is Access are usually referred to as Fields) do not 'have Records!' Tables or Queries have Records...Forms display Records, but Columns don't have Records. So

...the 1st column has approx. 1300 records of partial postal codes (the first 3 digits) and the 2nd column has numerical figures that I wish to associate directly with these partial postal codes...
    really makes no sense at all. Nor does

...When I have this direct association between these 2 columns then need to be able to query these tables and have it able to display the full postal code of my 1st table and those directly associated numerical figures from my 2nd table...
    Sorry! You really need to sit back, take a deep breath, and try, again, to explain to us what you're trying to accomplish, so that we can help you. Instead of using terms that you don't understand, it would be better for you to use plain language to explain, and give us examples of your input data, as well as what your hoped for end results would look like.

Welcome to dBforums!

Linq ;0)>

Overlooking that,
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007