Unanswered: Write array to Oracle table in PHP

Hi Guys,

I'm a database analyst who is trying to dump data into my database using PHP for the first time. Here is a snippit of the code I am trying to fix, I know the array $theFinalRow has the correct data because I am also dumping the array to a csv file and it works perfect. Can anyone help with the SQL insert line? it doesn't seem to be passing any data and im not sure if its a syntax thing or what...

//connect to database
    $conn = oci_connect('user', 'pass', 'MYDB');

if (!$conn) {
    $e = oci_error();
    trigger_error(htmlentities($e['message'], ENT_QUOTES), E_USER_ERROR);
    }
    //write data to csv file and database, 1 row at a time
    foreach($aryDataComplete as $theFinalRow) {

$stid = oci_parse($conn, 'INSERT INTO TEST (DT,WEB_CHANNEL,DAILY_UNIQUE_VISITORS,VISITS,PAGE_ VIEWS,ACCOUNTS_CREATED,LOGIN_SUCCESS)
    values ('.$theFinalRow[0].' , '.$theFinalRow[1].' , '.$theFinalRow[2].' , '.$theFinalRow[3].' , '.$theFinalRow[4].' ,'.$theFinalRow[5].' ,'.$theFinalRow[6].')');
    oci_execute($stid);

fputcsv($csv_reportExport,$theFinalRow); //write to csv
    }
    fclose($csv_reportExport);#close csv file to complete the write process
    oci_close($conn); // close database
    - Using Oracle 11g with Toad v12

Provided Answers: 59
    what error message, if any are you getting when you try to execute the SQL. that error could be within the PHP or within the oracle connection library
    what error_reporting level within PHP have you set
    are any of your columns alpha, or are they all numeric. if alpha they will need delimiting appropriately.

what is the return value from the oci_execute stateemnt, shoudl be true ofr OK, false if there is an error in the statement
    http://php.net/manual/en/function.oci-execute.php

if false then examining the oci_error shoudl return the most recent error in the oracle connection
    http://php.net/manual/en/function.oci-error.php
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 10
    Print out the value of $stid prior to execute. Then run the resulting SQL directly against the database. What happens?
    George
    Home | Blog

May I know if this question is resolved because I am also experiencing the same problem.

Provided Answers: 10
    Hi robherr, if you share your code along with any error messages (and equivalent output of the SQL text) we can see if we can help you.
    George
    Home | Blog