Unanswered: paradox or access

I have been a wordperfect user for more than 10 years in my law office and everyone in my office likes the program. I use a series of macros to handle the office work but we are considering a complete office management solution instead. I want to be able to create a user interface that will allow one to be able to view and work with all clients info including, personal info, photos, emails, letters and docs generated in the case, medical records (in pdf format) etc. I want to use a good database program that is not too difficult to figure out and work with. I do not have any formal training in IT. I learn by playing with the programs and some online tutorials. So my question is should I go with Paradox or MS Access? There is a lot more support and online info for Access but Paradox is probably more compatable with Wordperfect. Any suggestions?

late reply, but..

yes, Access has a much larger user base, but Paradox is a much more robust data system.. but both are out-of-date technology with learning curves.. there are tons of off-the-shelf products that will give you must better results, much more bang for the buck
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Green View Post
    late reply, but..

yes, Access has a much larger user base, but Paradox is a much more robust data system.. but both are out-of-date technology with learning curves.. there are tons of off-the-shelf products that will give you must better results, much more bang for the buck
    can you provide an example of off-the-shelf programs you like better?

I gave you a generic answer, as a long-term Paradox developer, and as a data expert.. pouring thousands of hours and/or dollars into a dead platform is not cost effective, even if it's just for your own use.. if you're all ready vested in 20-year-old technology, there are sometimes advantages to continued use.. but starting from scratch, no..

there are off-the-shelf products for EVERY type of business, and there are folks who are versed in current technology who can create and/or assist..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too