Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Daily Transaction RETREATED

Hello Everybody…. One more concern here… I initially posted a thread on “Daily Transaction”… apparently I had some replies from my bosses here. I couldn’t apply the knowledge I had probably I couldn’t explain myself well. Ive attached a file indicating what I actually want. There are folders which contains student details and each student form has a many-to-many table that takes data on fees payed. Ive created a button that is supposed to print the user’s transaction made for the day after work. Transaction details on print out (name, class, amount paid, payment method, date, time, created user).

attachedFile.zip

Thanks

Regards
    Evans

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi Evans
    Just a thought (ignore if not suited) but would it be better to keep all payments in one form instead of two as it looks like in your file (with a field to identify type or what ever). Provided same type of data recorded, one form may make queries easier to work with. Folders can be based on query as can reports etc. One extra field can then be used to filter output - might be possible to have this as a lookup. Just try to avoid double entry to keep with in relational rules (and errors).
    Regards
    David

Hello David... well im trying to understand what youve said but maybe if you could put it in the form of a file... i think it will make it more easier to comprehend... Thanks for replying

Regards
    Evans

Provided Answers: 2
    Hello Evans
    Added and deleted a few things in your file to show a few ideas (will be fragmented as I was as usual just experimenting - report will need work). Basic idea keep payments together but have a semester and user ref field to query on.
    Keep mind this is done late at night so may have errors - just for ideas only.
    Regards
    David
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi David
    Ive received you file... im gona combine an idea James brought in my first post "Daily Transaction" and yours (the file you just posted) i will let you know the result afterwards. Thanks Very Much

Regards
    Evans

Hi David and Everyone reading.... i have combined the knowledge i had from David and James. but in my application i have a lil problem. From David's file you can see all semester payments are in 1 M2M table the total for each semester payments has to be sorted out differently hence the need for more than 1 M2M to so a total can be made for it.

ive attached what ive been able to apply.

i my attachement i have issues.... the "Run Report" Query seems to work for only One Record Type (semester payments) in the folder "Payments". meaning if i have to create a new M2M table for say Semester 2 i have to the use the same record type i used for M2M table for Semester 1 and save the records in the folder "Payments". now here comes the confusion... if i add a record to M2M Table for Semester 2 Payments.. the same record appears in the M2M table for Semester 1... making it difficult to get a "true" total for each semesters. If i use a different record type; i clone the record type i used for semester 1 and use it for my second M2M table and save the records to "payment" folder... the Run Report Query does not identy those records. I really hope you guys help me out... thats the last task to complete my project.

AttachementEx.zip

Regards
    Evans