Unanswered: Form Update chart

Ok I have a main form.

I input some data via combo boxes and then have a macro you click that deletes and subsequentally recreates a table with the list box information.

I also want to have two charts on this form automatically update upon running the macro. However, i always have to close and re open the form to get the charts to update with the new information. Ive been trying to mess around with the charts "event properties", but havent gotten anything to work.

help?

Provided Answers: 19
    I've never had call to use Charts, but anytime we see something like
    Quote Originally Posted by loct99 View Post

...i always have to close and re open the form to get the charts to update with the new information...
    the usual answer is to Requery the Object in question. I assume that the code would be something like:

Me.YourChartName.Requery

Rather than deleting then re-creating your Table, you might to consider deleting all Records then re-populating it; most Objects have a limit, in Access (not sure what it is for Tables) and that limit is for the lifetime of the Database. This means that deleted Objects are still counted against the limit.

Linq ;0)>
    Last edited by Missinglinq; 01-24-15 at 12:49.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Missinglinq View Post
    I've never had call to use Charts, but anytime we see something like

the usual answer is to Requery the Object in question. I assume that the code would be something like:

Me.YourChartName.Requery

Rather than deleting then re-creating your Table, you might to consider deleting all Records then re-populating it; most Objects have a limit, in Access (not sure what it is for Tables) and that limit is for the lifetime of the Database. This means that deleted Objects are still counted against the limit.

Linq ;0)>

ok, maybe you can help.... So, I was trying to add a requery and i changed something on my form.

My macro would read the forms text boxes and use them in an update query to update a few tables... The update query is now inserting blank rows into the update tables and the information is not being pulled from the text boxes on the macro. What has changed? ?How can i fix?