Unanswered: Changing the Admin default username

We have an Access database that we use to track pages for our paper clinical studies. One particular table stores information about special paper forms that we send out to individuals and, in turn, receive back from them. In addition to capturing the sent/received dates, we keep track of who sends and receives these forms. The fields are set up to be auto-populated with the user's name as defined in the user-level security.

A co-worker of mine has been using this database regularly in Access 2003 with Windows XP as her OS. Just the other day, her workstation was upgraded to Access 2010 and Windows 7. The problem is this: When she tabs into those fields designed to capture her username, it's defaulting to "Admin," which is not what we want.

I thought I could go into Database Tools, and click Users and Permissions in the Administer group to try to troubleshoot. But Users and Permissions is nowhere to be found. I'm not sure if this is the correct approach, if it involves the "secured.mdw" file, or if it's something else entirely. Any ideas?

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by irvinesbest View Post

...I thought I could go into Database Tools, and click Users and Permissions in the Administer group to try to troubleshoot. But Users and Permissions is nowhere to be found...
    That's because User Level Security has gone the way of the dodo bird and leisure suits, as of version 2007! I suspect that if you google with the search terms 'security in access 2010' you'll get a gazillion hits explaining the workarounds being used, now. Likewise, searching on something like 'access 2010 get user name' should get you a bunch of hits, as well.

Welcome to dBforums!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007