Exclamation Unanswered: Automatic Maintenance Configuration not working in Data Studio

Hi all,
    I have been trying to configure automatic maintenance for a database (DB2 10.5) in IBM Data Studio (in RHEL 6.5). But the command always fail. Is there any prerequisite, such as any configuration parameter to be set to do the automated maintenance? I had successfully done automated maintenance for another database at an earlier stage through Data Studio. So I am not able to find out what's causing the error. The parameters AUTO_MAINT and AUTO_DB_BACKUP are set to ON.

I also copied the command and ran it on the terminal. It's showing the error
    "SQL14477N The XML in the automated maintenance policy or LOB parameter passed to AUTOMAINT_SET_POLICY or AUTOMAINT_SET_POLICYFILE is not valid for reason 4"
    Explanation of reason 4 - The first element in the XML input file or LOB parameter is not valid XML

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Vaisakh Gopal

Provided Answers: 5
    How about posting the command you ran?

Here you go Andy

db2 "CALL SYSPROC.AUTOMAINT_SET_POLICY ('MAINTENANCE_WINDOW', BLOB('<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <DB2MaintenanceWindows xmlns="">
    <OfflineWindow Occurrence="During" startTime="00:00:00" duration="1">
    <MonthsOfYear>All</MonthsOfYear></OfflineWindow></DB2MaintenanceWindows> ') );"

Provided Answers: 17
    Are you using Data-Studio or lower?
    If so, you can either upgrade to Data Studio 4.1.1, or alternatively you can use the sample file (that you customise) in the samples\automaintcfg directory from your V10.5 installation tree.
    I am able with DS 4.1.1 to configure the maintenance_window with DB2 V10.5 (whereas DS gave SQL1437N and rejected the xml coming from data-studio).

I'm using DS 4.1.01. So that should be the problem.
    Meanwhile I solved the problem by editing the sample XML files.

Thanks Andy.