Thread: Scan in Images

Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Scan in Images

I can scan images into fields with v9.4 but I have just noticed that in 10.54 It brings up the scan software from
    the scanner as before but it hangs. Is this an issue?
    Joe

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello.
    What version are you using, 10.54, or 10.54B.
    I've been using 10.54B since it was released and I've never had a problem like that.

Regards
    James.

I am running 10.54B also. Scanner is a cannon LIDE210 Updated drivers windows 7.
    Works great in 9.54 but after converting to 10.54 non working. It brings up the scanners scanning
    program like before but when I click scan nothing happens and it hangs the program. If I try the
    WIA it goes into a loop saying transfering data no escape.

Joe

Very odd.
    It may sound like a useless venture, but I'd remove the scanner and reinstall it. I suspect it's a local PC problem rather than Brilliant Database. I know you said it worked in v9, but I would still remove and reinstall the scanner.

I'd have one program in use by a lot of users who make very heavy use of the scanner. It's a database for storing and displaying sheet music so every user of the program will be scanning in hundreds of A4 pages. Nobody has ever had any issue scanning, and I compiled all that in v10.54B so I'd be fairly confident to say the issue is not with brilliant database.

Regards
    James

Ya I have two programs that rely on it also. I just finished uninstalling and reinstalling the scanner sever times. Will scan into every program I have
    but will not work with 10.54B Pain

Hello.
    I noticed you mentioned WIA in one of your posts. Is that the only option you have to select from to access your scanner?

I'm at home right now but I can access my home scanner and my studio scanner over wi-fi. None of them respond if I select WIA in v9 or v10, but if I select the other options which is just the name of the scanner, there's no issue.

Regards
    James

Yes I did mention that but dont use it. Use the name that comes up. Seems Like I an the only one that cannot scan into v10.54B. Darn scanner works with every other program on my system including v9.4. I have done everything twice to try and fix it. By the way anyone ever get scrrun.dll to register on windows 7. I hear its because of the built in cscript.

Joe

Well heres the latest not wanting to give up I took a machine with a fresh load of window 7 and installed v10.54B and the scanner drivers. Thats it and
    guess what same thing scanning software comes up select scan system hangs. When did you download your copy of v10.54 I did again today to make sure I had a good copy.

Joe

Here is a response I just got from Mikhail about scanner problem

> Having issues with v10.54B with capturing with scanner. Well heres the
    > latest not wanting to give up I took a machine with a fresh load of
    > window 7 and installed v10.54B and the scanner drivers.
    Yes, we know about this issue and upgrading our scanner module. It will be fixed in v11.

Yours sincerely
    Mikhail A. Lishin
    Brilliant Database Software