Unanswered: Help me Make my first Database in MySQL

I downloaded mysql-installer-community- from the MySql web site and I ran it to install it. I checked the option to install everything. I do not know where to begin?

I have installed mysql on a WIndows 7 PC. My goal is to create a simple database with maybe a couple of tables with a few fields. Then, I want to link to this local database with a java program.

The MySql command line client appears in my start menu; and I have a MySql menu folder on my sustem with the following items:

MySql Workbench 6.2 CE
    MySql Connector Net 6.95
    MySql for Visual Studio 1.2.3
    MySql Installer - Community
    MySql Notifier 1.1.6
    MySql Server 5.6
    MySql Utilities

I do not know where to begin. I thought the workbench would provide a way to easily start creating a database and tables, but I did not find it.

The online documentation provided some API references but I did not see any tutorials.

Please help. I will be satisfied with just creating one with the command line tool if necessary.

San Sebastian, Spain
    First thing would be to check that the MySQL service is running. If this is running you are now able to connect using MySQL Workbench or if you prefer mysql command line application.
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    Follow me on Twitter