Unanswered: LdapAuth versus Server_encrypt

I have just taken on a new position with a new company and see that the security plug in for db2 LUW 9.7 fp9 running on Aix 6.1 is LDAPAUTH. I have never worlked with LDAPAUTH and I am wondering how to go about determining if SERVER_ENCRYPT would be more secure.
    Anybody have any thoughts on this?
    LDAPAUTH seems to assume that if an ID is currently presently on the server its legit as it has to have been clesared by the server OS.
    Any thoughts on what other factors might come into play here?
    Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    These things are unrelated. SERVER_ENCRYPT means that the server will do the authentication, instead of the client, and the authentication request, including the login ID and password, will be sent over the network encrypted. LDAPAUTH determines what the server will do with those login ID and password: instead of asking the local server OS for authentication it will pass the credentials to an LDAP server.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Is it possible to determine if one is more secure than the other?

Provided Answers: 1
    Is your car more secure than your house door lock? Can you compare? One transports you to your house, the other lets you in.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Great answer "n_i", hopefully your answer is not copyrighted because I am going to use this one! This comes up every so often and your analogy is spot on.