Unanswered: Navigation Question

Hi All

Maybe it's just a simple question but I need help on this.

I have two folders and the one folder got sub-folders:

Folder-1-Companies

Folder-2-Students
    SubFolder2-2013
    SubFolder2-2014
    SubFolder2-2015

I want to go into e.g. SubFolder2-2014 and click on one of the students let say: Steven and I want to go quickly to companies(Own Form) and go back to Steven again.

In other words, I just want a Button to click on that navigates me to the previous screen.

Hope it's clear enough.
    Regards
    Hennie

You can try to play with "Move to Record" Action and use Type of Movement: "History: Move to Previuos Record.
    That should work.

Provided Answers: 17
    The “History” function is only good if your jumping directly between two records.

For example, if you wanted to jump between the last record in one folder, and the third last in another, then the history function won't work as there's no means for you to select the third last record in the second folder without scrolling up for it.

What I normally do for clients is I give them 3 buttons on the tool bar called “Hold A” “Hold B”, and “Jump”.

Basically all I'm doing is telling a variable what to remember in Hold A when the button is pressed. And the client can add a second record into Hold B. Now when they press Jump, they switch automatically between the records held in the two Hold buttons.

So in short, its like the History function only the end user populates a variable so that they can decide what two records to jump between.

Regards
    James

Very smart, James!
    It's a great idea!

rimpet

Thank you James !!!