Thread: Dictionary

Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Dictionary

I understand you can create your own dictionary. What is the file called and where does it reside?

Joe

Provided Answers: 1
    i was playing with dictionary and the short answer is... this fuction is broken..

you can add new words to the dictionary when cheking the spelling in a text, in that way you can add new words for that database but if your idea is to create a dictionary file and re-distribuit with your compiled applications, i totally failed with that stuff, if you can do it please let us know.

in the help it is mentioned that a file exist (i dont remmember the location of the file, but could never find the file (i was even searching for it in the hiden files and nothing) my short answer is... that stuff is broken

fer

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello.
    The manual is actually wrong in this case. It refers to a file that doesn't even exsist. When you add a custom word to the dictionary, it actually gets added to a file called. “dict_eng.txt”.

You should find it here....

C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Brilliant Database + version number\

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 59
    if you want a dictionary (well word list) there are lots of files out there, such as "sowpods"), but they don't have the dictionary functionality ie 'knowledge' about the word, just that a word of that spelling exists. actual dictionaries are a pieced of fiendishly clever design (thise that know the etymology of a word, all the various tenses, plurals, synonyms and so on. I'm not aware of any such freely available dictionary's
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 2
    found it here works sometimes

C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\Brilliant Database v10.54B Ultimate 05701