Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: SMS SOFTWARE intergration in BD

Hello guys… GoodDay to everyone… im trying to figure out if something is possible. I want to integrate a BULK SMS kinda program into my BD project. In my project I want to send results of students (which are in M2M tables) plus the class positions to their guardian/parent as SMS.
    In a format like

Class Position=1st; Mathematics – A, Science – B ……

Actually the software I plan using for the sms is for a network company here in Ghana (designed to be used for as software for their modems but it can do an sms thing too; ive tried it and it works). However, any other SMS software recommendations are very well welcome.

Ive attached an example of my project plus the SMS Software…

SMS SOFTWARE.zip

Example.zip

Regards
    Evans

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello.

I can't look at your software at this moment in time, but have you considered using a “Email to SMS Gateway” service provider?

Basically, you use the SMTP function in brilliant database to send emails to a specific gateway that forwards on the message as a SMS. They are quite simple to setup as it's only a SMTP address you need to enter into brilliant database.

Have a look at this one for example.
    https://www.smsglobal.com/

Maybe your own network provider also offers a SMTP to SMS gateway.

Regards
    James

Hi Evans,

Here is a list for Email to SMS examples.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/email-to-sms/

This website uses a PHP method if not mistaken as Email to SMS.
    Ghana Mobile Phone Networks are supported: MTN, Vodafone, Airtel, Tigo.
    So you will need to find out their email gateway.

I normally use this type of method (Not in BD) but in general. (Will try to implement it as it is very useful, never thought about this myself)

At the company I work for we need to contact alot of new Client (Logistic Company) on a daily basis via SMS if there is no answer.
    We have 2 big Cellphone Service Provider here in Aruba.

For both of them I've manage to get their email to sms gateway as James is saying and instead off sending a SMS, we just send them an email from Outlook directly to their Cellphone as an email, and instead that the "From" is an unknown cellphone number for them, they see the Email address of the sender.

But please remember that the characters is limited to 160 If i'm not mistaken. (SMS Short Message )
    That is including the Email address in the total Character also a small subject.

I Hope this method helps you.

Angelo

Hello Buddies... thanks alot for the reply. Honestly i must say im abit new to the SMS to Gateway thing. i think its a cool option. Im trying to get the theory right so ive started reading more about it.

With what i was saying... i think i always dont explain myself well in my post. I have an illustration here (better); on my form the mobile number of the recipient (tel # of parent/guardian) plus the grades of the student (the message to be sent). what i want is for these information to be transfered into the "SEND TO" and "MESSAGE" column of the software respectively upon a button click in BD.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SMS.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	16195

ADD UP detail: The software takes .cvs files

Thanks alot Angelo and James... im looking at the SMS to Gateway and how to integrate it to give me the results im hoping...

Regards
    Evans

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Evans.

what i want is for these information to be transferred into the "SEND TO" and "MESSAGE" column of the software respectively upon a button click in BD.
    The only way to do that is to use hWin / aka, Send Win Message.

Sadly the manual doesn't explain how this works very well at all. I have the program needed to find out the target hWin ID's for the fields on that SMS program you have, but I've never managed to get brilliant database to send anything to a third party program.

To get hWin working, we need to see an example file from brilliant databases. Once we see that, we can use other tools to find out the hWin Target ID's.

The software takes .cvs files
    There's no problem exporting data out of brillinat database in .cvs format. We would need to see a file to see what kind of formatting it needs though.

My 2 cents, the seamless way to do all this is to go with a Email to SMS Gateway. If you do that, everything can be done from inside brilliant database.

Regards
    James

I used external dos sms software and pass the message using openfile in BDB. My phone attached to computer. A few years ago using BDB v9.42

Something like this https://palkotools.wordpress.com/201.../smssender-en/

Hi Guys,

A while ago we upgraded our system database from Brilliant to Access. So here I was left with Server copy and a whole bunch of workstation licences. I like brilliant because basically any thing you can dream up, you can do in a rapid manner.
    So I came up with a simple CRM (Customer Relations Management) project, every one has a copy of the workstation and reception runs the serverClick image for larger version. 

Name:	crm.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	424.5 KB 
ID:	16200. Here is Canada we are able to email a message to a Cell phone number, which is converted into a text (160 Characters max), Brilliant makes it very easy send emails out of the program to your local email program. Take a look at the image. I was actually going to propose we as group come up with ideas as how we could make something similar, a new user to brilliant wants to see examples. This may be something useful.

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the ideas coming in. Honestly im learning alot. I think its quiet clear now that i have two options. One which is not so easy to do like James said... thus with the hWin stuff. i tried reading something about it on Brilliant Website and PDF.. but i couldnt understand a thing.

So for Danielson.. i will ask that... what scripts are written in your "Text to Receipient" Button.
    So if i have to send the content i want to send as text (as illustrated in my post) via SMS 2 Gateway... how do i do it? as in what scripts should i write to achieve that aim.

@Manras... i would be glad if you could explain more about how u used the program. ive downloaded it but dont know how to go about it..

Thanks all very much

Regards
    Evans