Unanswered: Brilliant Database v11

Brilliant Database v11 Release is postponed till 25 February 2015.
    That's today, hope to see it.

Provided Answers: 17
    Yes, hopefully there won't be any delay like there was when v10 was announced. That ran over by a year from it's original date.

Number one on my wish list, the ability to communicate with a database using a Web Browser. Everyone I talk to lately wants to use Android and Apple tablets to enter data into their databases. It's getting quite difficult to have to say no all the time to them.

Regards
    James.

Yes James, web integeration is a long overdue!
    Hope the new version is bugfree aswell atleaset for major bugs!

Regards
    Asokram

Still Nothing!! . . . .

Well, no surprise there. We have learnt over the years to ignore such dates, they are meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by matty1965 View Post
    Well, no surprise there. We have learnt over the years to ignore such dates, they are meaningless.
    You can say that again. Making promises and setting dates is almost laughable at this stage.

When version 10 was announced a date was also set for it's release. That date also ran over, by 13 Months. Yes 13 Months, not days. You can look it up using services like this. http://web.archive.org

Actually, I'm wrong.
    V10 was announced on 04 Jun 2012 and given a release date of 10 June 2012.

And in the end, it wasn't released until 10 Apr 2013, and we are still using a Beta Copy today.

Provided Answers: 2
    Since Brilliant Database is a single person (or two); it will take time to upgrade the finish product, help file, languages, web site, support, marketing and of course developing future versions.

I think that's the reason why it takes long time for tech support, release updates, etc.

Besides, I'm sure that he has a permanent job which is not using 100% of his time developing for Brilliant Database,

Mikhail has been doing great job pursuing his dream, but with all respect I will said that in order to succeed, he will need more power man.

I'm saying this base on my own experience.

They are the ones who set the date, knowing what they have to do. So I have no sympathy I'm afraid.

Now they postponed release by another month! March 26.

Let's stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant Namibia View Post
    Let's stay positive.
    Staying positive is probably the one thing all brilliant database users are experts at doing at this stage after so many countless disappointments, broken promises and poor support.

It's safe to say that we are all looking forward to the release of v11, but what I (we) wish for most is to see their business grow and there to be a clear long-term future for this product assured.

Regards
    James