Provided Answers: 17

Unanswered: Example - Buttons instead of folders

Hi all.

If you fancy doing so custom GUI work, here's an example of how to replace the folder with Images. To see the code, go to View, Advanced, Replace Tree and you will see the HTML code. However, there's also a User Function. Go to Design, Database Scripts, and User Functions to see the SelFolder user code code.

The User Function needs to be expanded if you want to work with more than 4 folders. Note that each one has a unuque number that matches the number in the HTML code. Any questions just let me know.

Regards
    James.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails html-buttons.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

PS... using this idea it's possible to have Image Roll-over buttons so that they change colour when pressed, or when your mouse rolls over them.

Provided Answers: 1
    i spendende hours traying to implement a roll over image with no succes... (but of course i am not a web developer ) if some one does it wold be a nice feature

fer

Provided Answers: 1
    james, i have not seen the example yet, but i just saw the image you attached and it looks impressive wooooooooow

nice job

fer

Provided Answers: 2
    How does the <a><!SelFolder {1}!> pass the 1 to the [$i]?

I dont seem to get this to work in my database. Obiously I am missing something
    Last edited by joeatact; 02-26-15 at 15:05. Reason: More Info

How does the <a><!SelFolder {1}!> pass the 1 to the [$i]?
    If you look at it like this,
    <!SelFolder {text}!>

What's in red is the formatting required to tell a user User Function to run. What's in green is the name of the user function you want to run, and what's in black is the value you want to forward to the variable that's predefined and assigned to the user function you just specified as wanting to run.

So it knows what variable to assign the value to because it's predefined to a specific user function, and your also supplying the user functions name in the code above.

You can do a lot more than just Select a Folder too. You can use buttons to print records, add new records, basically ever action brilliant database has can be triggered this way.

Regards
    James

Thanks for the help. Never new that it could pass to function. Opens up many possibilites

Joe

Yes indeed.

Plus Brilliant Database has the ability to import User Functions, so if someone was to write one, it could be given to anyone else and loaded into their copy of Brilliant Database for all time.

Regards
    James
    Last edited by Tubbritt; 02-27-15 at 09:59.

Now only if they get the scanning working again I will be back in business.
    Joe

This doesnt work in new version,advanced is no change tree ???

Doesnt work in ver 10.5 beta

Instead of the menu that whas created with this pictures, i now made a other solution, while all in this tread is not supported in V10.5
    Instead of the pictures on the tree, i made tabs for each folder. ( sheets)
    for example when you have 3 forms, named form 1 form 2 form3
    On each form you make the same tabs (sheets)
    for example on form one, make a new sheet, name the sheet form 2, than select the new made sheet aand go to his properties.
    In the properties screen go to: on click script, click on the button edit script.
    select the script; select folder, in here you select folder 2.
    Do this for all your folders. so you have tabs for all your folders in this folder 1.
    Than go to next folder and do same thing over there. and do this in all folders.
    You will than have kind of a menu with tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    Yes indeed.

Plus Brilliant Database has the ability to import User Functions, so if someone was to write one, it could be given to anyone else and loaded into their copy of Brilliant Database for all time.

Regards
    James
    James

How does this work?

Joe