Provided Answers: 5

Unanswered: Access Crashing giving Visual C++ Runtime error.

I have inherited an application written in Access 2010.

The users who use the application (local front-end on each PC linked to a sheared JET backend) mostly have XP - a few have Windows 7

I use Widows 7 home premium the other developer uses Windows 8 (poor guy)

We have noticed that after toggling between the VBA window and form design that eventually an MsgBox pops up giving the following message:

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

It is very annoying and as developers know - we do not always click the save button when toggling back and forth to test nodifications - hence the loss of code and design is frustrating -

I have multiple Visual C++ 2008 Redistributables in control panel but my research has indicated not to remove any of them.

The users NEVER get this error - but when ever myself or the other developer start to make changes - we are certain to receive the error. Sometimes within 5 minutes other times it might be 2 hours -

Any insight would greatly be appreciated.
    Dale Houston, TX

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    my guess is its a fault within Access and it should be esclated with Microsoft themselves.

It could be a rogue DLL or other plug in component. If you have any plugins from third parties it may be worth removing those one by one to see if you can find which it is, assuming at your can reasonably reliably initiate the fault
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton