Answered: DB2 HADR configuration Question

Hello,
    I am running DB2 9.7 Fixpak 8 on Windows. I need to set up HADR between two different sites. Normally this is not an issue but in this case my "primary / production " network between the two sites is pretty slow. I would like to use the backup network instead for the HADR traffic. My thinking is I would just need to change the following:

On the primary node (current production server)
    HADR_LOCAL_HOST = primary backup ip address
    HADR_REMOTE_HOST = standby backup ip address

On the standby node (remote server)
    HADR_LOCAL_HOST = standby backup ip address
    HADR_REMOTE_HOST = primary backup ip address

Does anyone have experience with this type of configuration? Just trying to make sure I am not over thinking this. My only concern is changing the HADR_LOCAL_HOST to the primary backup ip address. I want to ensure this only impacts HADR network traffic.

I have reviewed numerous documents on this and have not seen any that specifically says how to set it up to use an alternate network, just that it is preferable.
    Thanks

2. Best Answer
    Posted by mark.b

"Hello.

HADR traffic will go to the subnet which your IP addresses specified in the HADR_*_HOST parameters belong to.
    There are no any other places where you can specify a HADR subnet preferred."

Provided Answers: 11
    in developerswork there is a technote about hadr and different networks (private network for hadr) ...
    this in relation to etc/hosts where you do the binding with network-adapter (ip)
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 55
    Hello.

HADR traffic will go to the subnet which your IP addresses specified in the HADR_*_HOST parameters belong to.
    There are no any other places where you can specify a HADR subnet preferred.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Great, so it works how I was hoping. All I need to do is change the host to point to the backup subnet and I am good to go. Just wanted to double check as this is production and unfortunately there is not a test environment for this system.