Unanswered: Fastest Way to unload table and load into antoher database

Hi All,
    I have a large XML column table sitting in one large dedicated tablespaces ( DATA_16k, INDEX_16K and DATA_32K(LONG) )

Which approch I can transfer whole table from one db server to another DB server ?

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 18
    If both RDBMS servers are DB2 and both are recent versions, and there is IP connectivity between them, and no transformation is required, then consider load from remote cursor (see docs for details). Ensure the long tablespace has file system caching enabled.
    This technique avoids a separate unload (export) step, but both databases have to be simultaneously available and throughput on the link between them has to be good enough.

If there's no IP connectivity between the servers, or target RDBMS is not DB2, your options include export or HPU (separate licensed product), followed by file transfer, followed by load. Another alternative is tablespace-backup, file-transfer, tablespace-restore if both source and target are same DB2 version.

Provided Answers: 11
    i am not sure that tablespace-backup/restore can be used because the tid must be the same
    I don't know if you can restore always a ts to another db
    maybe federation can be used between both db on insert/select from nickname to target table
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be