Thread: Search box

Answered: Search box

Is it possible to have a search box on top of a table to quickly filter the records on 1 or multiple fields?
    I know there's a Find button on the toolbar, but I prefer a search box if possible..
    Ruud Schilders
    -----------------
    Oracle DBA
    e-mail : ruud@schilders.it
    URL : www.schilders.it
    Twitter : www.twitter.com/ruudschilders

2. Best Answer
    Posted by Tubbritt

"Hello.
    If you don't like how the filters already work, you could build your own Query that can search by one word or more words.

Could be tricky to do that though. A Query can't Query a Query, so you would have to use variables to select the fields the query is to search in, as well as use variables to set the values to search for.

Regards
    James"

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello.
    If you right click on the Heading for each column where the records are displayed. There's a filter function already built into the database by default that will work with one or more columns.

Regards
    James

Yes I saw. But I would prefer to type a few letters and then see the corresponding records, and then type something else and immediately see those records.
    Ruud Schilders
    -----------------
    Oracle DBA
    e-mail : ruud@schilders.it
    URL : www.schilders.it
    Twitter : www.twitter.com/ruudschilders

Provided Answers: 17
    Hello.
    If you don't like how the filters already work, you could build your own Query that can search by one word or more words.

Could be tricky to do that though. A Query can't Query a Query, so you would have to use variables to select the fields the query is to search in, as well as use variables to set the values to search for.

Regards
    James