F-Secure is looking to hire DevOps minded Senior Software Engineer in Helsinki
F-Secure, a global leader in online security and privacy, is looking for talents in our cyber security team. Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) /cyber threats create a major problem for companies and endanger their business. We are developing a product and service offering to enforce our protection capability against these threats. Founded in 1988, F-Secure is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd.
We are looking for a passionate DevOps minded Senior Software Engineer to join the Labs.
We think out of the box, we value creative thinking. We like self-starters and fast-learners. We like passionate people who aren't satisfied with just doing 'okay'. If you think you're like that, keep reading.
F-Secure Labs is responsible for providing continuous protection updates and services for F-Secure Security Cloud across different product lines and platforms. Labs is also developing and maintaining highly scalable backend systems for Labs research use. Systems process and analyze hundreds of thousands incoming samples per day with advanced automation.
Main development language is Python and majority of the systems run on Linux. Some performance critical systems have been implemented with C/C++. Data processing research focus is currently on rule based heuristics, data mining and clustering.
We offer an excellent insights to world-leading data security research, interesting challenges and chance to develop yourself professionally in an international and highly motivated team. We have a work culture that is focus oriented, yet informal.
* Good communication and team work skills.
* Understanding of quality practices, continuous integration and unit testing principles.
* Experience and keen interest in designing and developing distributed backend systems.
* Knowledge of internet protocols and standards.
* Prior development experience with Python.
* Broad understanding of web development and API design.
* Previous experience on scalable database systems, distributed computing, private cloud and distributed storage solutions is a plus.
* Experience and knowledge of some of the following: Postgres, Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch, Mesos, Spark, GlusterFS, Angular JS, RabbitMQ, stateless services, Docker, KVM.
A security background check will be conducted for the selected candidate, in accordance with the Security Clearance act 726/2014.