Unanswered: Need help in creating a database through SQL?

Hi there! Recently, I was given the task by my professor to create an SQL database.
    Now, my professor used the Oracle and the SQL Plus to create the database but we can also use the Sql Server to create the database.

The thing is that I have installed the SQL server but I don't know what to do after that, should I somehow connect the SQL server to Microsoft Visual Studio or something similar? or is there any other program I can make an SQL database from? Please, I would be really thankful if someone could explain this process in a step by step way.

I know you can connect your SQL server to VBA or even MS Access.

Provided Answers: 10
    SQL Server Management Studio is the tool you are most likely looking for to start with.
    George
    Home | Blog

Cool Reminder

Create a console app that accepts parameters (args[]), and pass connection arguments, along with the name of the database you want to create. The app should have a connection object that allows you to establish a connection to SQL Server (or Oracle for that matter) based on passed authentication-related arguments. You can even add a switch to your app to differentiate between Oracle and SQL, and perform connection to the corresponding server accordingly. Use this link to get started.

P.S. Don't forget to mention the codeproject poster if you include his code in your project.
    Last edited by rdjabarov; 03-25-15 at 00:36. Reason: forgot to remind...
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by rdjabarov View Post
    Create a console app that accepts parameters (args[]), and pass connection arguments, along with the name of the database you want to create.
    Wow! That's olde school even by my standards, but I like it!

Maybe I'm being presumptuous, but I don't think that someone asking how to create a database is likely to write a C application to accomplish that task, especially when Microsoft provides a GUI tool to do the job!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

(It's C# BTW) Well, the OP was talking about VS, and instead of going through an open-ended solution with the GUI, a console app gives you a sense of completion relatively quickly
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."