Unanswered: Multiple connections on db2luw

Hi,

I am struggling with something like to open multiple connections to a db2 sever at a time . Maximum of 3 connections to be run.
    I tried with ATS but have to run on a federation database & finally ended up with a bug.
    Can some one kindly give me a small basic code like an db2luw external procedure or function to open 2 connections on a db2 server.
    I can't use any sql file to open the connection as the database name & procedure call statements are dynamic.
    I got tired to find out the solution for this.

I am not completely into Db2 so unable to get the complete concepts in it.
    I am using db2 c express on windows.

Provided Answers: 55
    Hi,

External UDFs & SPs shouldn't establish additional connections to db2 databases.
    Have you tried to learn the java examples provided here:
    ...\SQLLIB\samples\java\jdbc
    ?

You can try to run scripts with CLPPLUS utility as well.
    It has a number of significant advantages over DB2 CLP.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.
    I tried to find some external routines examples from the location you mentioned. There is no such kind of examples.

Can you kindly provide me a small code snippet to call a bat file from a db2 java procedure. I tried in many ways as I am having zero knowledge on java, not able to achieve.

I am using windows with db2 c express.

It would be a great help for me .

Thanks a lot

Provided Answers: 5
    Maybe you should state what you are trying to do and why. You might actually get a workable solution.

It is not a good idea to execute code outside the database from within.

Andy

Thanks for the reply ARWinner.
    Actually I am having 100 tables each having 30 records. I can update these 100 tables one by one on a direct call in a procedure, As the control has to pass table by table serially, which is taking more time.
    My requirement is how can i run at-least three update statements at a time concurrently.For example I have to start updating table1 & without waiting to get completed I have to start updating table2.

Provided Answers: 5
    That has to be done at the application layer. Nothing in DB2 will let you do that.

Andy

Provided Answers: 55
    Hi,

If you don't have the SQLLIB\samples catalog, then it means that you didn't checked the corresponding option during db2 installing. You may try to install an additional db2 express-c copy for that.
    If you have zero knowledge on java, it's worth to start learning from the following examples: SpServer.java, SpClient.java
    Regards,
    Mark.