Red face Unanswered: Transaction Table

I've always wondered how to make a "transaction table".

For example: I have a database with several tables. Basically my main table consists of a bunch of names and corresponding demographics. There is a form that is used as a gateway for this table.

I have another table that I want to use to track clubs, advisors, coaches, etc... I want to learn how to make a transaction table that will, in essence, link these two tables.

So the result would be that I could add information from my clubs/advisors table on my form that lists names and other information. One person could be advisor to more than one club/sport.

Provided Answers: 59
    do you mean a transaction table or an intersection table
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I'm not really certain. Whichever one would allow me to accomplish linking the two tables. I suppose both maybe. ?

I would expect a transaction table to store a list of transactions (often stock movements) eg items bought, sold, transferred, disposed of, returned to manufacturer etc.,....
    where as an intersection, or junction table table

Well I need for each person to be able to be linked with more than one club/activity/sport....from the activity table. Of course the table with all the individual person's information is separate from that table. This has to be a relatively easy feat....I'm thinking.

Have you followed the link in post #2 that should take you to a Google search result on INTERSECTION tables?

Hint: there is usually a good reason why contributors to forums such as these include links in comments

Didn't notice the link before. I will check it out. thanks!

healdem: I think I understand the concept, but I'm having trouble creating the relationships because the primary keys are set as autonumbers and my other fields are long integers. I keep getting the error message that "relationships must be on the same number of fields with same data types." I thought a PK set to autonumber could form a relationship with a field set to long integer.....thoughts on this?