Unanswered: MySql does not work after restart for some time or never works

Hi,

I am using Mysql version 5.6.19 on Ubuntu 14.04.1
    I have a peculiar problem on my server. When I restart the server mysql takes around 150-200% CPU when I use the "top" command in Linux some time(around 60 to 90 minutes) with no users on the website. I am not able to connect to my website during this time.
    After 60 -90 minutes approximately the the CPU usage of mysql come down in the range of 20-40% automatically and then I can connect to my website.
    I used to run Mysql version 5.5 before. I have upgraded it to version 5.6 today and I still have the same problem.
    But after upgrading to Mysql 5.6 yesterday, Mysql is showing cpu usage of 150-200% and website is not running for the last 48 hours.

My website is hosted on Digital Ocean.
    Please let me know how to fix this problem.

Thanks

Vishal Ved

Provided Answers: 5
    why did you have to restart it? Had it crashed? Have you reviewed any of your system files to see what was going on during this time? Sounds a bit to me like it had its feet swiped out from under it went it got knocked out and was in the process of recovering from the crash.
    Dave

Hi dav1mo,

No. The database did not crash. I have this problem from day one from the day I created this vps. In mysql 5.5 it takes around 1 day to work after restart. In mysql 5.6 it does not work at all.

I am a newbie in mysql and linux so I am not able to fix this problem.

Thanks

Vishal Ved