Unanswered: No of Working days excluding Holidays & Rotational days

Dear Seniors,

Previously I got your help for calculating no of Working days between 2 dates excluding Holidays.

However now I end up with a different issue. i.e. I want to calculate the no of Working days of employee between 2 dates excluding Weekends, Holidays and Rotational Holidays. For every employee working at site for every 91 days they will get 16 days leave to Home town.

Now I want to calculate the No of Working days for that employee in a Project between 2 dates, so that I can easily calculate the Man hours for the Project.

Please help me to sort out this issue.
    Thanks and Regards
    R. Vadivelan

Provided Answers: 24
    You need a file of your holidays...
    Qry 1 to count theses days between 2 dates.
    Q2 to count workdays ...(see link)
    [link]
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ingDaysDefined
    [/link]

Provided Answers: 54
    I'd actually suggest that you tap into your attendance package to get the man hours. Just because someone ought to work a specific day doesn't mean that they actually will work that day. They can be sick, have a family emergency, etc. Just because you expect them to work N hours, doesn't mean that they will work exactly N hours. They may be long or short on any given day, or on every day.

Unless a gross estimate is good enough, go with your attendance package. If a gross estimate is good enough, then don't worry about details like holidays, etc.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Dear Pat,

I just want to do the planning of Man hours, so i can not take the attendance package.

And the rotational holidays calculation is based on joining date of emplyee i.e. first rotation starts after 90 days of joining and it will continued like that...
    Thanks and Regards
    R. Vadivelan

Provided Answers: 59
    calendar table is the only way to handle this in detail, and that calednar table shoudl identify what employee is availabel when (or if its easier what group is on/'off and when, and waht employee is part of which group
    yes you could approximate this to infer that an employee is available for n days out of a specifi time period, but if your plan requires to know who is availabel on specific days (and you will almost certainly need that if your plan has any significant project planning role.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Dear Healdam,

Could you please explain in detail how can i do this or provide me the example link etc,
    Thanks and Regards
    R. Vadivelan

Provided Answers: 59
    so you have a table for employees
    you have a table for calendar dates, or in yoru case god iknows how many tabels with calednar dates
    you define what days an employee or employee group is working (and by defintion not working
    then fromthat you knwo what employees or eployee groups are available on certain days
    by knowing which emplopyees and or employeed groups aare allocated to a task you knwo when that task is beign worked on.

...theres lots of exampleks out there on priject management, heck I might even suggest you save youyr employees yoyr time, effort nad cost and use a project plannign tool, there's plenty to choose fromm, and some of them are FoC.

I have never understood the need or urge to write duplicate doce that already exists. its usuallly far cheaper, quicker and more rfeliable to use a pre xisting package rather than roll your own solution. granted there's plenty of times where rolling your own solution may make sense, or may give the business a cuttign edge ont he competition. but in thsi case I severely doubt that.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton