Thread: XML Search

Unanswered: XML Search

Hey All

I need to search a XML tag which goes several levels down. And this needs to be done in the where condition so if that condition satisfy
    results can be return

like function cannot use here since i need to find the path to the correct tag

Here is the tag order

ShipmentManifestBusinessRule --> packingManifestConfig --> documentSection type= “Screens” && documentSectionFields fieldPath =” ShipmentManifest_PackingManifest_InnermostPack” --> fieldAction=” Write-Limited”

I'm attaching the XML as well. attachment XML.txt
    Your help would be appreciated

SELECT
    ruleId,
    ruleType,
    xml,
    status,
    originalId,
    ownerOrgId,
    ownerOrgType

FROM
    BusinessRule
    WHERE
    originalId = 1000067595
    AND xmlcast(xmlquery('$x/ShipmentManifestBusinessRule/packingManifestConfig/documentSection/documentSectionFields/fieldAction' passing xmlparse(document BusinessRule.xml)as "x") as varchar(30)) = 'Write-Limited'
    -- XML like '%Write-Limited%'
    AND status = 'Active'

Provided Answers: 1
    Not sure what your question is, but consider using the XMLEXISTS() function.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Hey n_i

If you look at the attachment of the XML [See my first post XML.txt]
    and go for the tags like below

ShipmentManifestBusinessRule --> packingManifestConfig --> documentSection type= “Screens” && documentSectionFields fieldPath =” ShipmentManifest_PackingManifest_InnermostPack” --> fieldAction=” Write-Limited”

You will get the problem i have and i think the query i wrote is kind a match but cant figure the remaining part that i'm missing.

Also i need this exact path is because there are other tags as well where it contains some similar data
    But i want data from <packingManifestConfig> tag
    So thats why i think this is the best option

Thanx

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ai_zaviour View Post
    If you look at the attachment of the XML ... You will get the problem i have
    That's the interesting way to pose a question. Let me try to respond in kind: If you look at the DB2 manual you will find a way to solve the problem.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Provided Answers: 55
    Hi,

try this:
    Code:
    select x.*
    from 
      BusinessRule t
    --, xmltable ('$d/ShipmentManifestBusinessRule/packingManifestConfig/documentSection/documentSectionFields[fieldAction/text()="Write-Limited"]' passing xmlparse(document t.x) as "d"
    , xmltable ('$d/ShipmentManifestBusinessRule/packingManifestConfig/documentSection/documentSectionFields' passing xmlparse(document t.x) as "d"
    columns
      fieldName       varchar(50)      PATH 'fieldName'
    , fieldAction     varchar(50)      PATH 'fieldAction'
    ) x
    WHERE
    originalId = 1000067595 
    and xmlexists ('$d/ShipmentManifestBusinessRule/packingManifestConfig/documentSection/documentSectionFields[fieldAction/text()="Write-Limited"]' passing xmlparse(document t.x) as "d")
    AND status = 'Active'
    Regards,
    Mark.