Answered: DBF error occured .The database cannot be open.

Hello everyone!

I have a software call Kodak Trophy(database program).This program stores patient data with x-rays. Now it is giving an error saying that the database cannot be open. When I try to reindex a codebase error appears with the following error: Error #:-210, Error #:94003.
    Unrecognized or Invalid Field Name EXT NUM

I have no idea how to fix this error.
    Any ideas?

2. Best Answer
    Posted by OtelloP

"
    Quote Originally Posted by OttoL View Post
    Hello everyone!

I have a software call Kodak Trophy(database program).This program stores patient data with x-rays. Now it is giving an error saying that the database cannot be open. When I try to reindex a codebase error appears with the following error: Error #:-210, Error #:94003.

Any ideas?

Do you know xBase (VFP) language?
    Do you have some older data backup?
    Does your data folder contain more files than patients.* ?

If you don't know the language then you probably cannot fix the database and check all possible dependences.
    The DBF version is stored in the first byte of the physical file. You may use some hexa editor to read it.
    If you don't have VFP then you may download the VFP Run-time and some free restricted VFP version.
    If you don't have data backup then you have to use whatever is available but data integrity isn't guaranteed in such case and other possible files will not be synchronised with your repared file probably.

The error message is also not clear. There is a difference between "database" and "table" .
    Does the app folder contain some DLLs which could identify the program version?

Also check these links:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...lfoxprogeneral
    https://www.repairtoolbox.com/dbfrepair.html"

Provided Answers: 1
    Try these people, they took over support and sales from Kodak
    http://www.carestream.com/default.aspx?LangType=1033

Provided Answers: 2

DBF error occured .The database cannot be open.

Hello everyone!

Any ideas?

Do you know xBase (VFP) language?
    Do you have some older data backup?
    Does your data folder contain more files than patients.* ?

If you don't know the language then you probably cannot fix the database and check all possible dependences.
    The DBF version is stored in the first byte of the physical file. You may use some hexa editor to read it.
    If you don't have VFP then you may download the VFP Run-time and some free restricted VFP version.
    If you don't have data backup then you have to use whatever is available but data integrity isn't guaranteed in such case and other possible files will not be synchronised with your repared file probably.

The error message is also not clear. There is a difference between "database" and "table" .
    Does the app folder contain some DLLs which could identify the program version?

Also check these links:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...lfoxprogeneral
    https://www.repairtoolbox.com/dbfrepair.html

DBF Error

Hello,

Just seen this posting.

Error -210 is certainly a Sequiter Codebase error, associated with indexes. My manual says this error relates to Unrecognised Field Name which seems to tie in with your original message.

So, I'd suspect that the message means what it says - the program is trying to index a file using a key (including ?) a field EXT NUM? This seems strange, I'm not sure it's normal to have a space in a field name?
    Maybe some newer variety of xBase does allow this.

I expect that you cannot get at the re-index function, so you need to check the .DBF and see what field is there, although I cannot think what might have changed a fieldname assuming it WAS working.

Geoff

Hello everyone!

Any ideas?

Provided Answers: 1
    As was asked above the message
    DBF error occured .The database cannot be open.
    is contradictory.
    A "DBF" is a Data Table and a Database is a Container for one or more "Data Tables".

True, WAY BACK WHEN there was a mistaken word usage where a Data Table was often referred to as a Database, but they are indeed different 'animals' and must be handled differently.

When you try to "reindex a codebase " are you using one of the application's built-in utilities or are you using a 'raw' command to do this?

If you are using a built-in application utility, we cannot tell if it is using current code or some old code.
    The fact that you are getting an error message indicating that a "Unrecognized or Invalid Field Name" is being referrenced might indicate that the data table has changed and the reindex code is not reflecting that change.

You might be best finding a local VFP consultant/contractor who can do a reindex at the 'raw' level.
    Additionally that individual could analyze the data table and see if it had some other problem such as exceeding the 2GB limit, etc.

Good Luck