Unanswered: Access Image on Report - Poor Quality

I am creating an Access report to print wallet-sized membership cards with a photo on them.

The photo quality is bad in Print Preview and bad when it prints out.

However, the photo looks great when I display it on a form.

In the image control's properties I have tried Stretch, Zoom, and Clip to no avail.

The photos are sized much smaller than their original size which would seem to be a problem but why do they show just fine on a form?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 59
    Screen resolution is around 70..100 dpi, printer resolution is at leat 300dpi. So say it needs to be 75mm x 50mm (3" 2" for the metrically challenged ). So your raw image needs to be at least 900 x 600 pixels, or 3" x minimum resolution. You can always reduce the image control size in the form and let it scale the source image.
    you can always compress an image an not loose detail in a form control, you cannot however recreate the detail lost when an image is expanded for printing.
    so the crude rule of thumb is that screen resolution is at most one third of printer resolution. Size your controls accordingly, and if needs be use different puxel density in the image

A 900 x 600 pixel image will print fibe in a 3" x 2" image control.
    but if yoy try to coerce a 300 x 200 pixel image into the same physical size it will look blocky, lossy and crap, but will look fine on screen
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Use .BMP images, besides the resolution suggested by healdem.
    www.MsAccessTips.com (Learn MS-Access Tips & Tricks)
    Learn Advanced MS-Access Programming with sample VBA Code.

All responses are based on Access 2003/2007