Answered: Number of record (from Query)

Hi,

I try to get to a number of record from query.

Query is ''Date'' = other field in the folder ''Date''

Both ''Date'' are the same field - i want to get how many of the record of the same date i have in folder..

But this sequence in query always return me the total record in the folder, Why?

Thanks,

Martin

2. Best Answer
    Posted by Tubbritt

"Hi Martin.
    Sounds to me like your trying to define the Variable with a Maths Formula. This won't work.

When you add a variable, select “Text” not “Maths Formula” and it will work for you.

Regards
    James"

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Martin.

Both ''Date'' are the same
    This is your problem. The Query will find a match with every single record, even empty date field as your comparing the same field to itself.

To find all the records that match one specific date, you need to search by a variable. So populate a variable with the date you want to find a match for and the query will work perfectly.

You can populate the variable with the date of the currently selected record for example.

Regards
    James

Hi James,

i already tried to set variable from the current date. My current date is with format date ''date dd-mm-yyyy'' will the variable take the exact format of the original field?? I tried with a record and it seem to return me the number of record of 2015 ''2015'' which is the end digit of the variable. But i need to know the number of record with the same exact date as select.

Thanks,

Martin

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Martin.
    Sounds to me like your trying to define the Variable with a Maths Formula. This won't work.

When you add a variable, select “Text” not “Maths Formula” and it will work for you.

Regards
    James