Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: new brilliant cloud service will be presented

we want a tool to put owr databases on internet, and what we get... another cloud service asking you to pay a monthly fee

fer

look at the old entries at this forum area.
    Some years ago he has had another could service.

Some of us here have tested it - look for their experience.

See you again in some months (when V11 is released)

Provided Answers: 17
    This sounds like a revival of his old “Do My App” online service.

I will never buy into a service like this for 2 reasons.

1: They shut down this service before and deleted all the content. Who in their right mind is going to risk their clients data to a service that can be deleted without notice?

2: When a client hires me to create a database, they pay me for my time. I cannot on top of that turn around and ask them to pay me monthly fees so I can pay brilliant database monthly fees to keep their service online.

“Do My App” needs to be included as a function of brilliant database ultimate, not a separate product we pay a subscription to brilliant database for.

It annoys me greatly to see that Brilliant Database v11 is being delayed over the attempt to revive this nonsense.

A subscription service will NEVER work. Never....

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 2
    I totally agree with James. Besides, there is another big problem.. SUPPORT!!! which brilliant database doesn't have it at all. I'm sure that everybody got frustrated at certain point when Mikhail never respond back your emails.

Thanks God, we found this forum to help us each other.

Just a though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    This sounds like a revival of his old “Do My App” online service.

I will never buy into a service like this for 2 reasons.

1: They shut down this service before and deleted all the content. Who in their right mind is going to risk their clients data to a service that can be deleted without notice?

2: When a client hires me to create a database, they pay me for my time. I cannot on top of that turn around and ask them to pay me monthly fees so I can pay brilliant database monthly fees to keep their service online.

“........
    James
    as always i totally agree with you my dear james.!

fer

By the way...

if someone is interested... i was doing some rearch... and in order to create a "self hosted" database sistem with brilliant, or brilliant applications, there are options...

i found this one i am only missing a little part... make brilliant to run on linux using wine... i know it can be done, i just dont know how to do it..

if any one is interested, what i found was this:

1. as we know linux is for free, and you can connect a lot of user at once with no problems and with no licences...
    2. as linux is free, you can rent a virtual server for small coins, let say in the amazon cloud or else where
    3. there is a software called "https://www.docker.com/", you can think about it as some kind of "ultra light" virtual machine (it is not but, you can think about it in this way)
    4. if you achieve to run brilliant database in wine, then you can "dock" your instalation, put in a virtual server and you are set.

of course you could rent a windows server and then pay for every user that connects to your database, but that would cost you an arm.

so... if anyone is interested... the first step is to run brilliantdatabase in linux using wine

linux is your friend, and you can have a try using a virtual machine like https://www.virtualbox.org/ .and the install a nice user friendly linux flavor like mint

http://www.linuxmint.com/

i have using linux mint in all my office pc from a year now and i can tell you that it has been a nice experience. (since microsoft was knoking to my door asking my to pay for their legal software ) (by the way the price of the legal software was much higher than the whole price of all my hardware)

best regards

fer
    Last edited by ferslash; 04-23-15 at 22:45.

Provided Answers: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ferslash View Post

(since microsoft was knoking to my door asking my to pay for their legal software ) (by the way the price of the legal software was much higher than the whole price of all my hardware)

fer
    Tell me about license fees, we just paid Mocosoft $25k Us Dlls for SQL Licenses and CAL's

Thank you for the suggestions fer

Quote Originally Posted by spyroot View Post
    Tell me about license fees, we just paid Mocosoft $25k Us Dlls for SQL Licenses and CAL's

Thank you for the suggestions fer

yeah! i dont want to be a linux fan, (we still have two windows pc in order to run some stuff) but... in my experience... dealing with mocosoft is like the mean girlfriend... when you end up, you realize that she was mean, difficult and ugly :

best regards

fer