Unanswered: How to view transaction log

Hi all,

I tried to view the transaction log using "dbcc traceon(3604);dbcc log;dbcc traceoff(3604)", but the output was not proper or more to say not understandable...

Is there a way to view the transaction log in a better understandable way.
    I have checked that installing SQL Anywhere would help but couldnt find any link to download it.

Is there any other way to view the contents of the transaction log.

Any reference on this will also be helpful.
    Thanks in advance..

Provided Answers: 4
    Can you explain why you want to view the contents of the transaction log? As far as I know it's not really meant for viewing.
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!

Hi Martijnvs..
    Last week a user reported an issue regarding our application. We tried a lot but failed to reproduce the issue.
    What we want to check is ..what was the query that made this issue to occur.
    We take tran dumps every one hour ..and so i want to view the whole tran dump.
    Is there a way I can check this tran dump???

Provided Answers: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by radek854 View Post
    Hi Martijnvs..
    Last week a user reported an issue regarding our application. We tried a lot but failed to reproduce the issue.
    What we want to check is ..what was the query that made this issue to occur.
    We take tran dumps every one hour ..and so i want to view the whole tran dump.
    Is there a way I can check this tran dump???
    I don't think you can view the content of a single tran dump file. However, if you do a rollback to the tran dump right after the problem occurs, you might be able to view something using the dbcc log command. I am not familiar with its use, but it's the only thing I can think of.

Disclaimer: it could be that when you load the last tran dump, the transaction log is empty because there are no open transactions anymore. In that case you're out of luck I'm afraid.
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!