Unanswered: Need Help and Ideas

bucksnbeards-6.zip

Hi all, I am beginning I may be a bit too old to be doing this brain cell killing stuff but quite honestly I enjoy the challenge. The last time I touched a database was Lotus something I think. Anyway I have been doing some online course and know just enough to get in trouble. I am developing a database that will be used by our hunting club to track various items.

We are known as a QDM Quality Deer Management Club which basically means we don't just randomly harvest animals but instead try to limit the harvest to 4.5 yr old deer. So we want to track Bucks, Does, Fawns, Unknowns for population analysis. We also want to track observations of Bucks to include date, time, weather, moon phase, location etc. As far as location we have the property divided into sections, 1, 2, 3 etc. then we have hunting stands located among the various sections, but the stand can be located in the woods or on a food plot.

Basically I will be entering stands into the system as they are placed or moved and plan on using a form. For stands I want to enter the name, section, type, whether its on a food plot or not, and a description.

We will also be tracking our food plots, date planted, crop, soil test results etc. and this info I will be entering via a form.

We will track deer observations which i would like to enter via a form, this seems to be my key table since it will have a relationship in some way with all the others.

I'll attach my database, but I'm not sure I have things laid out like they really should be, I tried drawing out on paper first like everything I read suggested but this relational database stuff has me all wrapped up. I'm of the old simple mind that says give me a form, let me fill it out, and mr database put the info where it needs to go, then let me ask questions.

Well darn, how do I attach my database, it says invalid file for .accdb

thank you
    tim
    Last edited by alaska_av8r; 05-05-15 at 13:04. Reason: upload zip

Provided Answers: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by alaska_av8r View Post
    Well darn, how do I attach my database, it says invalid file for .accdb
    You must pack your database in a .zip file and attach this .zip file to your message.
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    You must pack your database in a .zip file and attach this .zip file to your message.
    thank you I will see if I can't get that done tonight. Zip file uploaded today, once again I'll say thank you in advance for any help/suggestions to get this thing organized correctly. I know I am missing something and have likely made it too complex or missing some key idea.

tim
    Last edited by alaska_av8r; 05-05-15 at 13:07.